Below are documents created for the Once Upon a Time Extensive Listening Portfolio designed for an Advanced I Listening and Speaking course. This was the first iteration of an Extensive Listening Portfolio. Adam Hembree was a co-collaborator on this portfolio project.
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Building Context Listening Exercise
- Over-the Semester Assignments: “Setting” & “Characters”
- Independent Assignment Options: All students are required to do an in-depth character analysis, where they have to create a play list for a character.
- Weekly Vocabulary Worksheets
- In-Class Icon Activity: Students explain how icons represent important themes or events in selected episodes. Students have to make connections and explain their connections to the class. In later classes, I had students select icons and then explain their choices.
- Self-Reflection Essay
Example of slides used for in-class discussion (slides are cumulative)